Thursday, February 19, 2009

media meeting - 7.00pm onwards - 18/02/09


















from left: Melissa Leong, me, Julian, Fara, Beatrice, Yaakob


After done discussing with my fnb manager Liamis and sales director Yaakob, we managed to come up with a rough plan within 3 days to achieve the RM20k target. Our main goal at the moment is to launch new and improved signature dishes and also set lunch. As Liamis cooks up what he needs to do on his side, Yaakob and I made our first move to meet a bunch of media people that will help us with our marketing plan.


Before meeting Yaakob and the rest at San Francisco Coffee, I met Melissa Leong for dinner at The Roof. Melissa is a dear friend of mine who works as the editor of Sabah Tourism magazine. She is an extremely busy woman and I'm very lucky that finally she managed to allocate time to meet me up for dinner. I discussed with her about my plans and ask how she and I can work something out to help me advertise through Sabah Tourism. Unfortunately regarding the signature dishes and set lunch, Melissa can only help me promote in the April issue of Sabah Tourism magazine. Not gonna help me with my 6 weeks challenge but still a good exposure for the restaurant. The good news is that I can at least put flyers at the Sabah Tourism office. Not only that, she also gave me a good insight and tips on how to improve my plan from price adjustments of the set lunch to the quality of food.

















Melissa and I went off to San Francisco Coffee after dinner. There i met Yaakob, my dear friends Julian & Fara from SILVERHAND Events And Creatives and Beatrice of A La Page magazine. All of us had a joint discussion together on how to market The Roof. Julian & Fara has agreed to help me to design and publish a new menu and ads to promote The Roof. The rates they gave me for helping is really good and I couldn't ask more from two close friends who has helped me a lot for the past few years. Its gonna be a tough one because I need everything done on their side latest by Monday. On the other hand Beatrice offered a good price for me to advertise in A La Page for March issue of the magazine. A La Page is a good investment because the magazine is distributed at major districts in Sabah that is vital to promote The Roof.

The media meeting ended pretty well and Yaakob and I just can't wait to see the new menu and ads done so promos for The Roof can be advertised asap. Discussion with the media doesn't just end here. Yaakob is doing his part to keep in touch with newspaper companies and I'll be seeking at least a few more valuable contacts to help me with my plan.


p/s: Kept in touch with my buddy Jonathan Bong of Breeze magazine and all looks good for The Roof ad to be featured in Breeze's March issue. Breeze magazine is a major advertisement tool now as it has distribution in Brunei and Sarawak as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment