Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fantastic week!

It has been at least a week since my last post and I've been extremely busy. 3 things were the highlights of my past week...




The media launch for signature dishes and set lunch. Selected people from newspapers, magazines and blogs came to try out The Roof's promo dishes and do a write up. Feedback was good and valuable comments were given on how to further improve the taste of the dishes. Since then, I had a bunch of customers coming to The Roof on a daily basis to try out the promo dishes and got nothing but good feedback from them. Some of the customers came to The Roof after hearing about the place from friends and the rest received the promo flyers and saw the write up & ads from newspapers. Hearing that, I'm so happy that my marketing plan worked. In fact, profits and number of customers last week was triple the amount from the week before! Now I need to give that extra effort to keep up and improve the momentum.


A very important Koperasi Pembangunan Desa (KPD) dinner function. Thanks to my dear friend Natalie Chow from KPD, I managed to get a special karaoke dinner function for KPD staffs last Friday. I was a bit nervous because there was a bunch of very important VIPs plus one that had a bad experience at The Roof before. To my relief, the dinner turned out great and now KPD staffs are looking forward to dine at The Roof again. Score! Working closely with my sales team now to get more functions done at The Roof.




Having an active and healthy personal life besides work. It was so tough 2 weeks before when I started to get really busy with The Roof. My personal life was almost non-existent and I find myself spending very little time with my close ones especially my daughter. I didn't even get to exercise or do any sports. Overall, I easily get stressed and unhealthy. I got into a breakdown at one point because of this. So for the past week I've been squeezing more time for my personal life and felt much better. I even joined a KK Open paintball tournament last weekend with my newly formed team Hoodlums 21. We got 2nd place! Bottomline, I need to keep that balance between work and personal life.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know things are looking up for the Roof. Kudos to you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks N.Y.! Still a lot do though. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete