Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time is up! And the verdict...

Its the 25th of March, 2009. Thus, 6 weeks has passed. Phew... Lets have a quick look on how the sales were like.

















Yup, the sales skyrocketed big time towards the last few weeks. However, there is a part of me that is disappointed. I didn't reach the RM20k target of monthly sales. At the end of the day, I only reached RM18k. 2k short... Damn... But honestly? I'm still very happy and proud. Compared to the previous RM8k of monthly sales before my 6 weeks started, RM18k is a dream come true. An impossible dream to some others but now a reality. Lets do a quick recap of the important bits of what has happened for the past 6 weeks.

























The launch of 'The Roof: 6 weeks of change' blog - I gotta hand it to my master coach Kelvin from the TCC course I took for this great idea. The blog has became such a huge strong tool as part of my online marketing campaign for The Roof. Every time a new post is up, the blog gets at least 50-100 views. Those are pretty good numbers for a new blog. Numbers aside, I also get a lot of good and bad feedback, which are vital to make The Roof a better restaurant. The blog also allows me to be more up, close and personal with those who support The Roof.




















Set lunch and signature dishes promotion - Simply the items that revived The Roof into a restaurant known for its dishes. Both set lunch and signature dishes still selling pretty well till this day. Star of the show is the Kota Belud Nasi Goreng as the most ordered dish.















Mangan Hi-Tea - What started as a promo for a public holiday has now become an every Sunday event. The turnout during the promo was really good and The Roof received requests to have the Mangan Hi-tea as a weekly event. However, last Sunday's Mangan Hi-Tea wasn't as packed as the previous one. Learned this is because of an error that caused the scheduled Mangan Hi-Tea ad for the newspaper displayed on the next Monday instead of last Thursday. Yup, newspaper advertisement is quite critical for hi-teas. Other than that, Mangan Hi-Tea is here to stay as the one of the star of the show for The Roof.




















Sunset Hour promo - Jacquelin of KK Food Reviews took a wonderful shot of the sunset at The Roof. Simply spawned the idea for the Sunset Hour promo. The promo hasn't been fully advertised yet but will do so next month. Till then, you peeps should really check it out. Steal promo and amazing sunset view!




















Mangoui Hawker Night - Didn't go well despite the heavy promotion. There was a low turnout for both weeks this promo was happening. This pretty much means at the moment, The Roof won't be having any future dinner buffets. There was one night when 10 people came to The Roof and only 4 went for Mangoui and the other 6 ordered dishes from the ala carte menu. Thats just one of the reasons to tell you the majority of customers are not that keen to spend RM38 on dinner buffet. And Mangoui is one of the cheapest dinner buffet in town. To simply put it, I figured out the majority of customers that came to The Roof are only willing to spend RM20-RM30 max.

Functions - My sales team and I are always chasing functions to be held at The Roof. Functions are currently the money-making machine for hotel restaurants. At least half of the monthly sales I got for The Roof came from functions.













Work hard, play hard and more importantly, REST WELL - In the beginning period of the 6 weeks challenge, I pushed myself a bit too much on The Roof until I lost track of my personal life and health. I fall sick easily and restless most of the time due to lack of sleep. Only made me less productive at work. Since then, I learned to balance my life more and I'm doing much better at work now.



















Special thanks to all who had helped out to make The Roof a better restaurant during the past 6 weeks. There are way too many names to mention. I just want you all to know that I really appreciate all of your support. Promised you all a party if I reach RM20k but such is not the case for now. Lets look forward to April to achieve that RM20k. ;-)

So is this the end? Absolutely not! I still want to reach that RM20k. In fact, this is just the beginning. There are still a lot of work to be done. Till then, this blog will still continue as too my journey to make The Roof one of the premier restaurants in Kota Kinabalu. Stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. congrats dino..

    2k short still ok bah! nearly reach target. ganbatte

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very heart of marketing: Promos! Nobody would've known what the Roof was offering until you created the hype. Great work! Proud for ya ;D

    I hope to see more interesting promos planned for the Roof. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you achieved 200% increment in sales compare to the previous one RM8k, thats something 'big' bro! especially in 6 weeks time? that something you can be proud of.. :) imagine how much you'll achieve if you keep up the good work.. that would generate a pretty-nice-sweet-lovely sales performance graph for the end-year meeting.. :D

    just wanna share one of my favourite quote.. "Success is not how quick you reach the top, but it's how fast you bounce back when you hit the bottom"

    all the best bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 125% improvement... Congrats! Must been a lot of sleepless nights, midnight candles... But all paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boss.. we can easily see the different last time and current!We work as a team, help each other, both properties.. We have a good and great leader now - YOU! We will try to do the BEST for the hotel and look into yield management and cut down the expenses... Imperial, BOLEH!! 20K and more ... we are coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Dino~! :D
    Gambatte more gambatte! (^_^)/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah! That is darn impressive leh, just short 2k. I'm sure you can hit your target very soon. Hehe. Keep up the good work bro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 weeks = 18k ??? u crazy?? thtz superb! congratz Dino :) 20k will def come ur way ths April...mayb promos for Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Your words and support means so much to me. Will continue to do better!

    ReplyDelete